I personally think Rabbit r1's current situation.

If Rabbit R1 cannot launch the teaching mode before September 10th, and at this time the competitor is Apple Intelligence newly launched by Apple, then it will indeed face great pressure and the risk of user loss.
As Apple’s artificial intelligence technology, Apple Intelligence is likely to quickly attract a large amount of users’ attention by relying on Apple’s powerful ecosystem, excellent hardware design and extensive user base. It may show excellent performance in aspects such as voice interaction, image recognition, and intelligent recommendation, bringing users a new intelligent experience.

I hope the Rabbit R1 team can prepare alternative AI image generation applications other than Midjourney for users in advance. After all, Midjourney has already announced its entry into the hardware field, which will undoubtedly bring new variables and challenges to the market.
Maybe using 【Stable Diffusion】 would be a good idea.

3 Likes

Rabbit should compete in their own niche, being something playful, hacky, open, bold etc.

1 Like

If Rabbit R1 can be linked with a computer, it can indeed bring many interesting application scenarios.
For example, when playing games, R1 can serve as a game auxiliary tool and provide real-time game suggestions. It can analyze the game situation and give strategic tips. For example, in strategy games, it reminds players to pay attention to the enemy’s movements and resource allocation; in shooting games, it prompts players about the enemy’s position and the best shooting angle. :thinking:
If Rabbit R1 can be linked with a computer in office scenarios, it will also bring many conveniences.
In document processing, R1 can serve as an auxiliary input device to quickly record ideas and content through voice input and improve input efficiency. At the same time, it can retrieve and extract specific information in documents, such as quickly finding key people, times or events mentioned in documents, saving users time in searching for information.
In presentation production, R1 can act as a remote control to facilitate users to switch slides and control volume during presentations. It can also display the speaker’s notes in real time to help the speaker explain better without being noticed by the audience.
For multitasking, R1 can monitor the progress of various tasks on the computer and timely remind users of the deadline for important tasks or the arrival of new tasks. For example, when users are handling multiple projects at the same time, R1 can remind according to preset priorities to ensure that users do not miss key tasks.
In team collaboration, R1 can be connected with the computers of team members to realize instant messaging and file sharing. Users can quickly reply to messages from team members through R1 and view the update status of shared files to improve the efficiency of team collaboration.
In addition, R1 can also combine artificial intelligence technology to analyze office data on the computer and provide personalized office suggestions. For example, according to users’ work habits and schedules, recommend the most suitable work style and time management strategy.
In short, the linkage between Rabbit R1 and the computer in office scenarios will bring users a more efficient and convenient office experience.

2 Likes

Hi @RaineSilverlock ,

really good point. :+1:
In the category ‘suggestions & ideas’ I have mentioned the idea to use the USB-C post as a connector/interface between other devices, like computer etc…

Maybe this idea can be implement with high support.

1 Like

I agree that the clock is ticking. Consumers are not very patient and after the initial “new gadget” enthusiasm, if the R1 does not fit a need for them, they move on.

The Apple Intelligence thing is interesting; Apple wants to push back on Europe by holding back Apple Intelligence for Europe. I’m guessing this is great news for Google; if you want AI on your phone in Europe, go for Android. For now this is only for the ppl that can actually afford to shell out $1,500-$2,500 for a phone anyway so it will not take off spectacularly.

One challenge for R1 I see it that it is quite hard to gauge which functionality will most resonate with consumers. E.g. the suggestions you make about AI image generation for me sounds not useful at all, I hardly ever use AI image generation and certainly don’t need a mobile device to do that on the move. It’s apparent from the very diverse suggestions that, taken as a group, we as consumers don’t know what we want…

2 Likes

Currently, all artificial intelligence seems to be in such a state: for the vast majority of people, when they first come into contact with it, they will be deeply attracted by the novelty it brings. It is like opening a door to an unknown world, full of mystery and surprise. However, as time passes slowly, this freshness gradually fades, and artificial intelligence is no longer frequently used in their lives.
Perhaps it is because the initial amazement is only due to curiosity about new things. After that curiosity is satisfied, people will return to the daily rhythm of life. Those once amazing artificial intelligence functions seem to have lost their former glory in the daily trivialities. Just like a brilliant meteor, after drawing a magnificent trajectory in the night sky, it gradually disappears from people’s vision. Although they illuminate people’s lives at a certain moment, they are difficult to become tools that people rely on for a long time.

4 Likes

Been frustrated by the state of r1 for a while. I really think if it just had one fun feature that people could, and want, to use anytime, it’d be a lot more satisfying. Feel a lot closer to being complete. Like if the camera showed the pics on device, or maybe if it had a game, or a personalized chat bot feature. Something fun, that can be used anytime (suno is very limited), and works entirely on device(unlike magic cam).

3 Likes

what happened to the latest OTA/Cloud update?
Have I missed anything?

1 Like

Hi @MarkusK ,

I found these information here on Discord:

Also this information here:

3 Likes

Thanks so much, greatly appreciated - looks like it’ll be 5th Sept which is fine.

2 Likes

No problem @MarkusK,

I am really looking forward to the 5th Sept, too. :weatherrabbit:

1 Like

What’s up with the 5th of September?

The official update was made in advance on September 3rd, so nothing happened on September 5th.