What's the last piece of technology you bought?

r1 is a perfectly acceptable answer :joy:

I recently purchased a Stream Deck, which I like, but it’ll be more useful once I get it home and connected to my desktop rig I think.

6 Likes

Other than the r1, I bartered down a mint condition used 3Ds for my gf - then homebrewed it for her.

(Might get the play date soon for myself)

2 Likes

I was going to say rabbit R1 but then I remembered it’s actually a pixel 8a…

2 Likes

Latest tech purchase is this:

3 Likes

My Macbook Pro has been invaluable as of late

5 Likes

Nice i never had a Macbook.

I have tried using a iPad and a iPhone in the past but at the time the os layout was very confusing compared to Android. Today i can use a Apple tv at my moms house haha and i can use a somewhat modern iPad.

But my heart lies in windows and Android in 4 ever. @Chris

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-05-31 120621

only two ears and so many earbuds, :joy:

2 Likes

Aside from the r1, last two there were some new earbuds, the Nothing Ear, and my Evercade VS for that retro gaming fix.

2 Likes

Last week I pre-ordered a 3D printer, i got the Anycubic Kobra 3 Combo. It can print up to 8 colors which is cool. I haven’t touched a 3D printer in 5 years. Now I gotta learn it al over again. Doesn’t help that I’m legally blind LOL but I will master it

7 Likes

Just recently acquired the Viture AR glasses, game changer when connected to the Steamdeck huge screen in front of your eyes.

Currently eyeing up the new Sonos Ace Headphones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: could be a good match for the Sonos Arc

4 Likes

SkyHawk,
Nice setup. Can I ask why those glasses? I’ve been looking to get a pair and I usually analyze the heck out of the options before pulling the trigger. But I’m stuck.

Thanks

1 Like

Hiya @I_AM_CAST
Quite a few reasons . .
Software support: I had the Xreal glasses prior to the Viture glasses. The Viture software really leaves Xreal behind, Xreal relies on the Xreal Beam for most of the glasses functionality, really sucks.
Spatial Video : This is what first caught my eye with the Viture glasses, Im heavily into Apple and have the iPhone 15 Pro Max which can record in Spacial video, so Viture can play back Apples spacial video format, and its just WOW, no need for me to shell out on the Vision Pro lol

Don’t get me wrong Xreal Glasses have some good points over the Viture glasses, they are just poorly supported by software functionality.

The Viture Headband leaves the Xreal Beam standing in the shadows lol

My biggest regret with buying the Viture is they just announced the Viture AR Pro just weeks after my purchase :woozy_face:

The Pro looks to be quite an improvement on the original glasses.

Let me know if there’s anything your not sure of I’ll try to help out

4 Likes

Are the viture glasses wireless? And how do you navigate the ui?

r1 (actually bought a second r1 dirt-cheap on ebay yesterday)!
Before that, the Insta360 X4.

Usually, I buy a lot of drone-related gear as I build/program/fly/use/teach “flying robots” - basically the combo of small (sub-250g) consumer drones weaponized (in a good way) with third-party AI apps.

5 Likes

Should add - I just bought Zorin OS Pro as I want to find an alternative to MicroSoft OS: Don’t like “Recall” or Copilot features that are secretly developing in some sort of govt snooping desktop tool. Plus, I think from a CyberSec / Privacy (am an ethical hacker) perspective, Recall is BAD news!

3 Likes

USB connections, phone,steamdeck and MacBook not sure about Windows, but I think so.

Navigation - directly from the Headband for optimum. Apps also for the phone and MacBook which also brings further functionality.

Hey Fox do you mind if I test a DM with you?

2 Likes

Hey sure! :fox_face: Feel free to send a dm @SkyHawkUK

1 Like

Lol mine’s boring, I just got an outdoor homekit smart plug so i don’t have to unplug the patio lights every night.

3 Likes

Aside from R1 maybe my Bambu Lab X1C 3D printer. Was a solid upgrade from previous.

3 Likes

Just bought a Radiacode 103G. Its a radioactive isotope analyzer.

4 Likes