What's the last piece of technology you bought?

I also acquired a streamdeck in the last few weeks… It joins my M3Pro Mbook, insta360 link webcam. I am very interested in 4k (or whatever zoom will allow) personal studio work.

2 Likes

Well I pulled the trigger. Thanks for pointing these out. That and a bit more research and I agree. Hoping these will be everything I want and hoping they come out with the app for Windows.
Oh and the controller was free after a discount.

3 Likes

Glad I am not the only one who buys/collects stuff like that… :wink:

2 Likes

Great deal Mike, I’d be interested in your feedback. I could easily be persuaded lol

Enjoy!

2 Likes

ha! I was also exploring getting a Geiger counter…

2 Likes

what were you looking at?

I didnt get very far with my explorations. I started looking at geiger counters like the one I was used to when I worked in a lab… but realised that I might be way behind the times… and that I wanted something that could measure background radiation (heh).

radiacode does that for $275. Can measure background, put it on a graph and subtract from a source you are testing. It even shows what isotope it is.

1 Like

My most recent tech purchase was a reMarkable 2. Useful at times, but I’m starting to use it less and less.

1 Like

The reMarkable is a solid choice. I used the OG model for years, but eventually switched to a Supernote from Ratta. So many more features and the ability to sync with email and calendar, made the reMarkable feel a bit lacking for me.

1 Like

If reMarkable connected to Notion, I’d be 100% on board. That’s where I keep my second brain and my journal, so in an ideal world it would sync everything up with Notion, haven’t found a device that does that yet, or that does it well.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot to mention - I also got a PS Portal recently but have had no time to play it. But, after getting my cousin to go to my house and enable my Remote Play, it worked from my LA Airbnb! With my PS5 being in England, I thought that was very cool. I booted up FF7 Rebirth and ran around Costa Del Sol for a while.

3 Likes

yes. Radiacode looks very impressive… ty.

OMG! I’ve only had them an hour, still exploring but I plugged them into my Android phone. I started with watching One Piece on Crunchy Roll. Amazing! Next I’ll try them on my GPD Win Mini.

2 Likes

First impressions seem positive then Mile :star_struck:

Just love watching my fav football team on match day live on the big screen

1 Like

Body Cam

3 Likes

I recently got the Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses, and they’re amazing! These glasses combine Ray-Ban’s iconic style with Meta’s cutting-edge technology, and they can do so much:

• Built-in Cameras: Capture photos and videos effortlessly with AI-powered image stabilization.
  • Audio Features: Listen to music, make calls, and interact with AI voice assistants using the built-in speakers and microphones.
  • AI Assistance: Get real-time information, reminders, translations, and more.
  • Vision AI: Recognizes objects, faces, text, and scenes in real-time for navigation, accessibility, and augmented reality experiences.
  • Voice and Touch Controls: Use intuitive voice and single-touch controls for hands-free convenience. I can:
    • Capture video while hiking
    • Take photos of my meals
    • Ask to turn up the volume
    • Video call my friends
    • Listen to my favorite podcasts
    • Live-stream from my studio
  • Social Media Integration: Seamlessly share content with AI optimization for posts, tags, and captions.

Some features are still being developed and will be available soon, but these glasses are already a game-changer. I’m excited to see how they’ll continue to enhance my daily life!

5 Likes

Last piece I bought was a headphone amp Astell&kern Ca1000t which is a fantastic piece of hardware for the Audiophile.

6 Likes

Haven’t a clue what it does :crazy_face:

But sure looks hard core :+1:t2:

It’s a “mobile” tube amp for headphones. Amazing sound quality.

2 Likes