rabbitOS release notes

Tbh I don’t see the issue here with 8x button presses. Me personally, I will use that in case of an emergency (hardware reset). In all other cases I shake the device and navigate to power off to shut down r1. It’s easier to do and you don’t stress the button. Just my 2c

7 Likes

That’s why we’re here, to discuss things with each other. Thank you for your opinion, that’s my opinion.

The other usability of r1 must of course be intuitive, so please don’t misunderstand. But in that case, it’s not good that you have to press the PTT button eight times, so I find my suggestion here much more understandable and logical.

2 Likes

It is better than holding the button for 60 seconds. And there must be a way to turn of your device with just the button.

But way should be this possible only with the PTT-Button?

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong but I believe it’s to ensure there is always a simple way to turn your device off when the rest of the hardware or software fails. Like with phones. (I see this way of turning the device off more as a backup method)

But I do agree the UX of the device should be as simple and intuitive as possible (always)

3 Likes

That’s true, but in this one special case it’s very unsuitable if it’s just too simple, as it is now.

But that’s basically right, any device that’s intended for as many people as possible and wants to be successful on the market has to be very easy to use.

But if you imagine it symbolically like the current one with pressing PTT eight times, then it’s as if you had put a gigantic power button on this actually great device, which can and will be triggered unintentionally, not only by me…

The long press wasn’t good either, hence my really well thought out idea.

1000037477_2

1 Like

Does anyone here think that Apple or Microsoft or Chat GPT or Amazon or Tessla or Google would have ever been so successful if they had implemented this Morse code programming in their devices? No, definitely not!

But if you now have the chance with a device like the r1, because it only has one PTT button and a scroll wheel, to hold the most intuitive device in the world in your hand, then ladies and gentlemen, please put your trust in me and believe me, because that is exactly what I want too!

@rabbit @simon @jesse

And I don’t get any money for it.

2 Likes

Well I just tested it on my phone ;). If I press my lock/unlock button 8 times really fast it suggests calling the emergency number.

(I didn’t know that before)

2 Likes

Yes, of course, because the smartphone assumes that you are not feeling well and that you urgently need help.

That’s intuitive, by the way. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t see turning off the device with the ptt as a main function so I think it’s a back up method. But I do agree it is quite tedious to hit exactly 8 consecutive presses for many people.

Hence why we can do it in the menu.

2 Likes

I love YOU!
:heart:

2 Likes

But it can happen accidentally and that’s the problem. Because it happens.

1 Like

That’s bad indeed…
I’m never experiencing accidental presses (I can’t imagine pressing the button accidentally for exactly 8 times, it has to be quite fast too)

I DID turn off my device the first day with my R1 trying to ask a question longer than 60 seconds…

4 Likes

Since I had to ban Spotify from my r1, it hasn’t happened to me anymore, but with Spotify and SunoIA in use, I just saying you have fun! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :rofl: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Catastrophe… :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

And that is exactly why I looked into the basics usability options of r1 and i worked the most intuitive, most practical and non-self-obstructing solution:

I love me self for that and i hope you will love it too.
:heart:

2 Likes

At first i thought 8 times maybe is a bit a lot, but i guess you dont really turn the r1 off so many times. I could imagine maybe something more “fast”

Shake to enter settings , and 3 clicks to shut down.

User input : “Shake + 3x PTT = shutdown” , could take 2/3 second for the operation

But is just an indea in case they are ever thinking to simplify that, anyway I guess 8 x PTT can work as well.

2 Likes

But that wouldn’t work if r1 got stuck, but my idea would.

1 Like

But now I give up…

I’ve said enough about this and of course everything I say is just my own opinion, nothing more and nothing less.

Just to make that clear for everyone here.

:white_flag:

Nobody can save the world if it does not want to be saved.

Have a nice time at everyone :heart:

4 Likes

I think you know what I meant, and you’re still misrepresenting it.
Someone said we should be grateful to be a part of the production process, I said we don’t really have a significant effect, not like we’re actually changing the device.
“Fixed, implemented, placed on higher priority”. So not just ADDED?
Again, it’s not that I expect y’all to just take requests, just saying I’m not grateful to be a bug tester.

3 Likes

You can also look at it positively, it won’t get boring. I mean, don’t you know that feeling when something just works well and doesn’t cause any problems? At some point it gets boring, like our smartphones and you look for something new and really exciting! :wink:

1 Like

For this reason, many people buy a pet, for example a dog, which then chews up your shoes, or even better, they get children. Please don’t get me wrong, they don’t normally chew up your shoes like a dog, but of course it’s not impossible either… :thinking:

4 Likes