Native languages

Hi to everyone.
I’m from Italy and is so frustrating that R1 don’t understand my language. Every AI accept questions in native languages, why R1 cannot do it?
Do you think they will expand this function in next future?

Thanks

43 Likes

They discussed it today in discord and said it’s work in progress but need all the services to support it. They did a small demo of querying in French. Definitely would be useful for a lot of people I’m sure.

15 Likes

And I don’t have an issue when the answer or text provided by r1 is in English as a first step for the implementation.

1 Like

Same thing, I’m French, talk with rabbit, is not so fun without all language support,
If you sold your device internationally :man_shrugging:t2:
what the ?

10 Likes

Hope so, is much than needed for their product development

2 Likes

Bonjour,
Oui moi aussi je l’ai acheté depuis la france et je pensai vraiment que l’OS était en français et que IA parlait français, j’aurai préféré attendre la version internationale ! Il y a une date de prévue ?

3 Likes

se e fino a che non funzionerà in italiano, per me sarà un altro bel soprammobile

5 Likes

For me I‘am Geman and it is hard to speak to r1 in english. Hope they did a right solution. Perplexity also always show the english text in the news.

13 Likes

Sweden here! Got the same problem. The R1 is totally useless without native language. For instance, asking about stuff to do in a specific town in Sweden in english result in misspelling and no answer to the question. It always asume I’m in USA and finds a similar name (or something totally different). Dust collector for me right now. This should be prio 1.

15 Likes

Hi everyone! I am new here, I wonder if there will be support for Chinese (simplified), we purchased the Rabbit for my wife and her English isn’t good (pronunciation) so I need to assist her all the time, The Rabbit 1 has a lot of potentials, but more languages support it’s a must I think.

4 Likes

Hi, I found that this small trick works for me in Amsterdam Holland, opening the conversation I say clearly: I am in Europe at this moment, my location is … , so assist me in the following … , and surprisingly it works, hope it will help

3 Likes

Hi,

I agree, but if someone says “an AI should support all languages” I want to add that I think that’s not true. I’m from the Netherlands and we’re ignored all the time.
And that translates in not only to be able to speak my own language, but also not being able to use location services for shopping or whatever, not getting measures we’re used to, not being able to ask questions for stuff that’s in Europe/The Netherlands. for example the UEFA European Champignonchip 2024!
For Rabbit R1 the services it provides currently we can’t use. For example ordering food (we don’t use the app it supports), logging in to Spotify led to Spotify resetting my password as it “detected suspicious activity”…
Understand that I like Rabbit R1 as a piece of hardware, but in the current state it’s only useable in America ;-p

8 Likes

Agree totally! I teach my Rabbit to call my name when we have a conversation, and each time we start a new conversation the Rabbit calls me >CARL< :person_facepalming:t2::rofl:

1 Like

Italian Pls UP!

7 Likes

At least, even though it still doesn’t understand all languages, it would be good if it could understand names in other languages, as @Settle says, to be able to use it to ask about the weather, Spotify songs in other languages… among other things.

3 Likes

I am also Italian and I have discovered that by telling my rabbit r1 to answer me in Italian (the question must always be in English) he sometimes does so. The prompts are “let’s play a game, from now on answer me in Italian” or “tell me a story, in Italian”. After a while, however, he returns to answering you in English. I also tried with other languages ​​and it works. But it still doesn’t accept prompts in Italian.

6 Likes

Given that if Rabbit R1 is asked to respond in Italian without using the translator he does so with default English pronunciation and voice, isn’t it possible at least for the moment to change the default language and make him respond with English pronunciation and voice? It’s understandable, and for the moment it would be much better this way rather than being forced to use only English.
All this while waiting for a “more official” language.
Let’s consider it a kind of beta.
PS: I’m talking about Italian because I’m Italian, but maybe it’s also applicable to other languages.

4 Likes

It is indeed possible to implement the use of other languages, such as Italian. The Rabbit R1, as mentioned by others in previous posts, can give answers in Italian with the correct prompt. The only problem is that it won’t understand the prompt if it’s in a language other than English. However, I believe that this is an imposed limitation, because when we activate the translator mode, it understands the input languages. I don’t understand why this understanding feature can’t be implemented in regular operation without translator mode. Even if the voice accent isn’t perfect, it would be a great way to satisfy many Rabbit R1 users. I hope you will consider it.

6 Likes

Dyker det in svenska i framtiden tro?

2 Likes

The same here, French guy, and waiting for the french as a native langage in the rabbit, and for the memo voice to text as well

3 Likes