Mini-game for the R1

The R1 needs a mini game

Bonus points if it leverages AI in some way so it’s still on-theme with the device (like MagicCam did for the camera)

23 Likes

this would be fun. maybe a slider, jumping type game.

5 Likes

Tamagotchi rabbit… pleaaaseee

25 Likes

I am planning to test making some little text based games via webhooks but definitely would be cool to have some playdate style mini-games on device for down time.

3 Likes

Yeah a rabbitotchi !!! so the Rabbitotchi grows up when we play with it. The more we play, the cooler it gets.
It might even evolve into different forms depending on who’s using it. Like, if we use question prompts, it might get some special abilities. And if we use Midjourney prompts, it might get a whole different set of powers. Different users could end up with totally different evolutions!
Haha, I guess I’ve been playing too much Digimon. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Totally agree! I would love to see them stay true to their TE influence and add some type of music-oriented mini game, like a little DJ game or a sampler, idk. Theres a lot that can be done with this concept for sure!

4 Likes

Excuse me, there can never be too much digimon

5 Likes

100% side eyes digimon virtual pet collection in the corner

3 Likes

Being able to play RPG games similar to ZORK would have been amazing. Considering that LLMs can develop new stories/plots on the fly, you can pretty much jump into any adventure when you want to kill some time.

Along with that, there are plenty of 2D game engines out there, which are rendering games based on a JSON or another data schema. If the rabbit can integrate one of them into the platform, then r1 can generate games based on what the user wants to play. I’m building a game engine as such that has ~5K user-generated games based on emojis and text, where I’d be happy to collaborate and possibly port it to r1 for free to see how it may work.

4 Likes

Would be cool to have something that leveraged the AI aspect of the R1

Maybe even a dedicated trivia function, with proper UI for it.

1 Like

IVE HAD THIS EXACT THOUGHT! You “feed” the rabbit by asking things and using the device, maybe queries are food and magic photos are treats? Could be so much fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

AI Dungeon LAM could be fun too

5 Likes

Skynetinc in discord had an idea for a game where you shake the device to earn points/steps/whatever. If shake for settings becomes obsolete it could be a specific minigame or passive like the older virtual pets like digimon pendulum, pocket pikachu, or the megaman ones.

One option is to also include leaderboards for most steps/shakes this week/month.

Could be fun and cool.

Here me out, Pong. Why? scroll wheel.

It has a scroll wheel.

Or add a rabbigotchi.

4 Likes

One of the simplest to make, low stakes minigames could be a fishing “game”. A bit more like an easter egg than a game without any real gameplay loops to back it up, but…

Fishing
Scroll up quickly to cast your line! Watch your lure closely as different fish will be attracted to different lure types, and reel behaviors.

Slowly scroll back to bait the fish, going faster might scare some types of fish away or attract more aggressive fish! Keep an eye out for the fish to bite and get ready too…

Hook
Scroll back quickly or shake the device to land a hook! Once the fish is hooked start reeling it in with the scroll wheel!

Once you reel the fish in, check out your catch. Who knows, maybe you broke a record!

Its a pretty simple design, tries to use the analogue nature of the device to its advantage, and is a low stakes game you can play anywhere. Overall all you are really doing is collecting different fish types.

With proper time I’d love to turn this into an actual game that fits into my broader GPS game idea but of my personal designs its the easiest to fit in a minigame format.

3 Likes

I’d very much like pong with a little carrot bouncing back and forth

2 Likes

I love that idea

Rabbit like frogger game?
Rabbit like driving game?
I’d almost like the tomagachi style but It annoys me my flipper is mad at me often. I guess I already do get yelled at by Rabbit and gaslighted!

1 Like

How about a rabbit game “similar” to the T-Rex Running game that goes when its offline even. Run the bunny with the scroll wheel and jump with the PTT or a Shake maybe?

3 Likes

Devs keep deving :robot::rabbit: