Should I Open It?

Hi! Just received my R1 but having seen all the bad reviews and some of the feedback here I’m wondering whether to even bother opening it! I was interested in it as a device to take a break from my iPhone at weekends (plus I’m just new tech curious) but it seems the Rabbit is not living up to expectations? Would be interested to hear all your experiences and see if anyone can convince me it’s worth a go, I’m hoping there have been good software updates since release so it’s much better now?

1 Like

Depends. What do you expect of it? I got mine just to try the tech. Currently I just use it to talk with during my daily commute to work in my car. It’s fun and it can educate you while on the go. Not living in America there really isn’t much other use for it as I see it right now. But the price is quite low anyway, so it’s worth it to just try out the tech for me.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t want to be that guy, but seriously it’s not expensive, open and have a play, it’s not life changing levels of expense is it?

1 Like

I think when compared to the a.i pin and those ray ban glasses, you get a better bang for your buck. Its new tech and as such lots of hiccups on the way.

Im currently enjoying it. Use it as a bs detection at work. So far its not disappointing.

The magic camera is fun and after i installed a sim ive had no issues with connection.

1 Like

Right now it’s more of a novelty to ask questions to occasionally and see what interesting images it can make with the magic camera. Unless you really need the cash back I’d keep it around as it’s only going to get more useful over time.

2 Likes

Having had a Glowforge Laser for six years now, I can recognize the troll’s accent. There is a dual problem with this case in that what it will do and what you have learned to do may have trouble keeping up as if you have learned how everything works they have added new abilities you will need to learn.

I currently have no need of translating much or booking flights or hotels but there is a lot more that is useful.

1 Like