Shell material idea [non-luxury regardless of cost]

I think it might be a good idea if Rabbit r1 could be limited to 100 sets of rabbit r1 to be sold and used as a commemorative edition according to the materials I mentioned, regardless of the cost. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don’t think we’ll do any limited edition options for r1.

But I’d definitely like to see us use more premium materials in any follow up device we may do :slight_smile:

Imagine a perfect brushed metal look, similar to the Delorean, with some stripes in rgb. Retro-futuristic look in a premium metal casing!

I’d definitely pull the trigger for an r2 when the time comes.

1 Like

It would be nice to get an upgrade of the rabbit r1 not with a new device but with additions via USB C, such as a part that fits in for an extra battery, a part with a different camera, or a part that can add things like ( I’m throwing out nonsense) a thermal printer. Make r1 the basis for additional modules that implement the same device

Thanks for the official reply. Although it is a pity that R1 cannot launch a limited edition, I am really excited to hear that there will be more applications of high-quality materials for subsequent products, and I hope to see the wonderful performance of new products as soon as possible. :heart:

It’s a good idea. However, I think R1 can refer to the marketing method of Switch and launch an improved version to extend the product life. As an AI device, R1 doesn’t need to rush to launch R2. Just like Switch, by continuously optimizing and innovating on the basis of the same hardware specifications and launching versions with different characteristics, it can continuously meet the needs of users and make the product more vital. If R2 must be launched, I also hope that it will be five years later as I think. This can leave enough time for the improvement and development of R1, so that we users can enjoy the convenience and fun brought by R1 for a longer time. At the same time, we are also looking forward to the more excellent R2 that may appear in the future.

This idea about 3D printing accessories is really great! If the official can make public the shell design drawings of R1, it will be a great benefit for us users. Just like Nothing’s CMF Phone, the official not only sells accessories but also open sources the shell design drawings, allowing users to design more imaginative accessories through 3D printing. This can not only meet the personalized needs of users but also enhance the interaction and sense of participation between users and products.