rabbit community update - 10th september 2024

community update - 10th september :listeningrabbit:

hey everyone! :wave:

we have a few things to talk about, so we thought it was time to resurrect an old classic format that we haven’t used for a while…… the combined community update, to keep you all abreast of multiple things that are going on here at rabbit :weatherrabbit:

teach mode alpha program :partying_face:

why not start with the big fish? the one you’ve all been waiting to hear about. we’re absolutely thrilled that the alpha program for teach mode is starting soon! this is a private alpha program, and we’ve hand-selected a small group of community members to participate. this is a very intense test, where we’re asking them to create a lot of different lessons, and interface directly with our team on how it goes, what’s working well, what’s not working well, what might not work at all, and we’re fixing and addressing everything that comes up straight away. once the alpha program concludes, we can start thinking about rolling out a wider beta with more people.

please note - the participants of the alpha program will be under NDA. any updates you hear during the duration of the program will come directly from the rabbit team. we may consider adding a few more people during the duration of the alpha, but don’t call us - we’ll call you :wink:

community changes :chart_with_upwards_trend:

we’re making some changes to discord that you might have noticed, including the requirement to add a verified phone number to your discord account in order to join this server. this helps us weed out bots and alt accounts of previously banned members to help keep the server safe for everyone.

we’ll be making some other changes soon that help position our forum as the primary information source for people who have questions (and people who have the answers!) about rabbit, the r1, teach mode, events, and future products. we love discord as a place to hang out and chat with passionate rabbit fans, but it is less helpful for the customers who simply need a quick answer to a question or help with their device. for those of you here, you can start to think of discord as more of the hangout lounge, and we’ll still be here chatting and doing voice sessions when we have the time!

community hoppy hour in london! :flag_gb:

we’re holding a small community mixer event (hoppy hour!) for rabbit community members in london on the 23rd september at 7pm! jesse, ryan, myself, and other rabbit team members will be in attendance, so come and have a drink on us, and chat about all things rabbit, r1, and the future of AI. extremely limited slots are available, so RSVP here - we will even have some swag to give out!

thanks for reading, and we’ll be back soon with another update! :saluting_face:

6 Likes

Great news @simon. :pray::+1:
Thank you for this cool update.

I really appreciate the following of the suggestion to create an alpha program. This is a big benefit for the community. Together our personal rabbit will be the best AI personal assistant compared to other technical devices in my point of view.

With many test reports, ideas and (re)views from different perspectives from contributers the ‘teach-mode’ will be a great community project and an other best functional key element for our rabbit r1.

You have my support, if you need help. :weatherrabbit:

Thank you for this.:+1:

3 Likes

Great stuff. Thanks Simon for sharing. Good to see they the team is on track. Can’t wait to see the tech mode in action.

2 Likes

This sounds awesome! Great to hear the alpha for Teach Mode is kicking off. Definitely interested to see how it goes with the first group.

If you end up needing a few more people down the line, I’d be happy to jump in and help test. Looking forward to hearing how things progress!

Cheers :raised_hands:

3 Likes

That sounds pretty interesting.
:carrot::otarabbit:

3 Likes

Absolutely. I was quiet for the last few weeks since I was not able to use the r1 the way I was thinking I can but now it is getting exciting again. Pretty happy about it.

3 Likes