Magic Camera Freestyle [New Feature]

Hi everyone! Our latest update just landed.

Check the featured thread for the release notes.

Magic Camera Freestyle is here! You can now prompt Magic Camera.

Here’s one result I got - “Take a photo of me as a superhero”

7 Likes

Nice, here’s two I prompted,

In Medieval style and in Futuristic. - I like details Grasps, like it did changes shirt fitting, don’t stop the Jester’s Playing! lol

3 Likes

The team has made such a wicked camera. I cant wait to see how a game that uses full AR. For now its a lovely way to capture memories!

This one is a reshoot of a Mothers day trip I took. I pulled the raws up on my screen and reframed the original with the r1 camera. Gave it a quirky description and…

5 Likes

Amazing amazing amazing - Just tried it out, here at work. Prompts and Images below.

created on jujitsu Jerry’s r1, via voice prompt “Take a picture of this and turn it into a anime scene.”

“Take a picture of this and turn it into a pencil sketch.”

5 Likes

created on jujitsu Jerry’s r1, via voice prompt “Take a picture of this, then turn it into a futuristic retro Steampunk scene”

2 Likes

“And so we waited… at the edge of infinity.”

“It was as if the whole world had instantly fallen around us.”

*…"

“There was nothing for us to push against. For a moment – I was truly weightless.”

~Argo

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see what else I can create with Magic Camera Freestyle…

1 Like

Testing out how far you can push descriptions, got a pretty neat result.

I like to shoot landscape so I normally rotate the r1 before taking a picture.

I’m loving these results!

3 Likes

Any demo videos available?

Looking really good

I like this new feature, is a bit of fun - asked to turn my computer into a steampunk version

1 Like

@simon : in your latest update you gave those examples prompts :

• “take a picture and dress us like we’re in the TV show ‘house of the dragon’.”
  • “take a picture of this, but make it super neon and cyberpunk.”
  • “take a picture of this and turn it into a pencil sketch.”
  • “take a photo of this and make it 3D geometric shape art.”
    *** “take a selfie and make me into a superhero.”**
  • “take a picture and turn us into anime characters.”

I tried “take a selfie” and just wanted to say this is not working and should be removed from your examples : saying so, you would think R1 would understand it has to flip the camera from front to back and then snap the picture but it doesn’t and it will take the picture where the camera is looking. Too bad, differentiate “take a picture” from “take a selfie” was a good idea

To activate rabbit eye to take a selfie, once your camera is activated, toggle down on the scroll wheel it will activate the selfie camera via rabbit eye, then give it your prompt. Awesome, it does work. Through voice activation, no it will not do it.

Yeah, i know exactly how to rotate the camera :wink:

That was just about the misleading prompt. “take a selfie” leads to think R1 would understand the difference with “take a picture” and would rotate it for you.

2 Likes

It does work, but the camera must already be pointed towards you, yes. I’ll update the notes later.

1 Like

I am not doing the same thing everyone else is doing. I am actually asking for modifications to the image (not asking for styles of images). Here is a quick one I made to add an alien into the photo.

Note it shows up in the journal as “magic camera freestyle”
If your prompt does not get a photo or your R1 says it can’t or won’t do it, ask in a different manner.

1 Like

This Freestyle is so cool, and it’s like you’re tied to your Midjourney account. I would like a better way to get into it. Why not donate the quick shake to the camera access, since you can now ask r1 to go to setting, or maybe ask r1 to go to the camera (doesn’t work) instead it goes to generating an image, lol It doesn’t really generate an image, just says it will, PLEASE

1 Like